Women’s Fiction Writers Association
I am a member of the Women’s Fiction Writers Association, where I serve as managing editor for Write On!, a quarterly member-focused ezine exploring the life, craft, business and genre-specific needs of WFWA members. I am also currently the secretary on the board of directors.
Thinking Through Our Fingers
I am a co-founder and the managing editor for Thinking Through Our Fingers, working with nearly two dozen contributors to share educational and inspiring posts regarding the craft and business of writing. Below are links to some of the articles I have written, with an invitation to please visit the site and learn from what the other incredible contributors have to share.
- 4 Questions to Help Develop Characters
- Recipe for a Perfectly Prepared Novel
- Deliberate Description and Quality Characterization
- Changing a Character’s Identity
- What is your Character’s Moral Code?
- Moments that Matter
- Perceptions and Preferences
- How World Building Impacts Plot
- Hybrid Emotions Create Fascinating Characters
- Creating Quality Characters
- Take Time to Nourish Your Story
- Increasing Micro-Tension
- Considering Minor Characters
- Creating Real Characters through Responses
- Don’t Rush the Finishing Touches
- Emotional Pacing
- In the Mind of an Outliner – Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
- Courage in the Writer; Courage in the Character
- Be the Exception
- So You Want to Chase a Dream
- Embrace the Past
- The Juxtaposition of a Creative Life
- Negotiating Real Life Try-Fail Cycles
- Let’s Talk about Fear
- The Reality of the Writing Process
- Engaging in a Collaborative Learning Environment
- No Excuses Productivity
- Trusting Ourselves as Storytellers
- Why Do You Write?
- It’s About Time
- Are you Competing?
- Measuring Progress
- Failure and Knowledge
- Get Thee a Community
- Four Ways to be Intentional Online
- Working Through the Swamps of Writing