I am a member of the Women’s Fiction Writers Association, where I currently the secretary on the board of directors, and manage the Instagram and Pinterest accounts.
I am a co-founder and the managing editor for Thinking Through Our Fingers, working with over two dozen contributors to share educational and inspiring posts regarding the craft and business of writing.
I also contribute quarterly to Writers in the Storm, named one of Writer’s Digest 101 Best Websites for Writers.
- 4 Questions to Help Develop Characters
- Recipe for a Perfectly Prepared Novel
- Deliberate Description and Quality Characterization
- Changing a Character’s Identity
- What is your Character’s Moral Code?
- Moments that Matter
- Perceptions and Preferences
- How World Building Impacts Plot
- Hybrid Emotions Create Fascinating Characters
- Creating Quality Characters
- Take Time to Nourish Your Story
- Increasing Micro-Tension
- Considering Minor Characters
- Creating Real Characters through Responses
- Don’t Rush the Finishing Touches
- Emotional Pacing
- In the Mind of an Outliner – Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
- Courage in the Writer; Courage in the Character
- Be the Exception
- So You Want to Chase a Dream
- Embrace the Past
- The Juxtaposition of a Creative Life
- Negotiating Real Life Try-Fail Cycles
- Let’s Talk about Fear
- The Reality of the Writing Process
- Engaging in a Collaborative Learning Environment
- No Excuses Productivity
- Trusting Ourselves as Storytellers
- Why Do You Write?
- It’s About Time
- Are you Competing?
- Measuring Progress
- Failure and Knowledge
- Get Thee a Community
- Four Ways to be Intentional Online
- Working Through the Swamps of Writing